Do you want to shape the future?
As of the 1st of July 2017, Business Area Wind in Vattenfall has changed its operational model and restructured the organisation to a product line structure comprising three business units, namely Onshore, Offshore and Solar & Battery.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as (Associate) Construction Engineer for the Business Unit Solar & Batteries, Team Battery within BA Wind. It is a fulltime position with a limited contract for the duration of one year.
Overall purpose of the role:
As an (Associate) Construction Engineer you’ll support the young battery business at Vattenfall. In 2018, several decentralized batteries for Peak-Shaving application at industry customers must be technically planned, built and commissioned. This process is to be set up by you by using new digital tools for project management and will be constantly updated to ensure a cost-effective and fast implementation of our decentralized products. You are supported by the commercial part of the team which negotiates supplier contracts and contracts with the customers.
Location for this role will be in Hamburg and the position will require travel to various site locations in Germany and possibly internationally.
You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Managing, co-ordinating and delivering own tasks on work packages
- Support the Business Decentral Batteries Germany in Construction Management
- Work with the project team to optimize performance in all construction of the project from planning stage to final commissioning and hand over to Operations & Maintenance
- Work with team to develop a logistic model
- Delivering Construction work packages within Health and Safety and Environmental project objectives
- Ensure appropriate record keeping of progress
- Ensure high levels of quality control
Specific work tasks for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of the project
- Work with the project team to optimize benefits across the project
- Advise on technical and financial impacts of project contracts for the satisfaction of the company
- Manage the different elements of the project
- Review deliverables across the project
- Minimizes exposure and risk across the project
What we are looking for:
- Mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, industrial engineer
- Experience in the construction of electrical systems (respectively battery storage systems)
- Professional experience in technical Project Management > 1 year
- Good knowledge in MS office
- Openness for new working methods, IT tools and concepts
- Knowledge in energy sector with focus on batteries and storage
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Skills, knowledge, strengths:
- Excellent German and English communication skills both in written and verbal
- Communicate effectively with contractors, suppliers and across all levels of an international organization
- Ability to work within an approved budget, work under pressure and deliver high quality results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
Process and time line:
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is October 15th 2017.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact the hiring manager Sebastian Gerhard on +494027182172. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!