Do you want to shape the future?
BA Markets is looking for the right person to fill the position of Director of Change Efficiency & Effectiveness, reporting to the Vice President of OU Operations. You will be a member of the OU Operations Management Team.
The location of this position is Hamburg or Stockholm.
OU Operations enables business. We strive to be recognised as a trusted, knowledgeable, innovative and proactive partner in business, known to deliver reliably, efficiently and effectively.
Within OU Operations, the newly formed Change Efficiency & Effectiveness unit focusses on optimising processes and delivering change through excellent content understanding, while maintaining operational risk at an acceptable level and ensuring security requirements are met. Excellent understanding of the underlying business and engagement with business stakeholders will be paramount in the unit achieving its aims.
As Director of Change Efficiency & Effectiveness you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Leading and developing the Change Efficiency & Effectiveness department, comprising 3 main groups – Project Management & Business Analysis (PMBA), Operational Excellence & Operational Risk and Security (target 2018: 19 total employees)
- Member of Management Team Operational Unit (OU) Operations.
- Embedding a culture of continuous improvement and risk awareness.
- Driving continuous improvement of processes throughout BA Markets while balancing the conflicting objectives of cost efficiency and operational risk minimisation.
- Identifying, assessing and advising on operational risk
- Security and Incident Management
- Ensuring implementation and monitoring of Group security programs in areas such as IT Security, Information Security, Physical Security, Business Continuity Management and Data Protection.
- Executing and operationally driving the individual projects/initiatives within the Development Portfolio of BA Markets
- University degree or equivalent qualification
- Proven successful leadership skills
- Experience in process development and analysis
- A sound understanding of operational risk processes and methods
- Operational Excellence/Lean qualification preferred
- Fluency in English required, both spoken and written.
- Experience of working in an international environment
- 10+ years working experience
- Leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Well-developed ability to work across cultural boundaries and deliver in an international environment.
- Track record in leading change – strong change management competencies
- Commercial focus
- A passion for simplicity of approach
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to build trust and engagement with a wide variety of stakeholders
- High integrity and security awareness
- Willingness to travel
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Carl-Gustaf Angelin (Akademikerna), Johnny Bernhardsson (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), and Ronny Ekwall (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives please call Vattenfall’s switchboard +46 8-739 50 00.
An assessment is part of the recruitment process. By applying you agree to the use of existing assessment reports and Management Planning data in the selection process.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact recruiter Vanessa Koop at +4940790227786. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Gill Graham at +31652400004.