For our office in Hamburg, we are looking for an:
Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Analyst (m/f)
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious and talented career starters/ young professionals who want to work in a challenging and diverse job within a leading company in its field with great career and personal development opportunities.
Your job as an ETRM Analyst (m/f)
You will start to maintain and develop Vattenfall’s ETRM system, develop solutions related to the ETRM system and support our Front & Back Office and Risk department.
You will be part of the ETRM Operation Optimisation team, which holds both Risk Analysis and IT technical business competencies. We are looking for a motivated person willing to learn and to understand the business needs and participate in an active and dynamic role in small multi-disciplinary teams. Professional development will be supported based on the candidate’s competencies and interests.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be the following:
- Assist the Physical Coal, Oil and Biomass trading business by gradually becoming the expert on the trading system
- Support the Risk Management Desk by ensuring quality of the risk data processes
- Incident management, resolving malfunctions that occur in the application
- Becoming responsible for functional maintenance and coordination with service provider for technical maintenance of the system
- Designing and implementation of small functional changes
- Working within complex ETRM development Projects
- Overall involvement for system design in ETRM systems (RightAngle, Endur)
- Maintain and enhance existent applications in the area of ETRM (Risk management systems, market access, hedging strategy, …)
Your profile as an ETRM Analyst (m/f)
As a successful candidate your work is defined by initiative and taking a proactive approach. You are performance-driven with a team-oriented working style. Besides that, you convince with the skills and competencies:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business and Information Technology or similar qualification
- Ideally experience in software development and IT operations
- The following technical skills will be of advantage: .NET, (PL)SQL/ SQL Server, data base management
- Experience of working in an Energy or Financial environment is preferable
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication
- Fluent both in English and German (written & spoken)
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
We welcome your application, including CV and cover letter in English.
For more information about the position please contact Thorsten Stubbe, Head of Operational Optimisation, +494024430 619. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the HRS recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +494079022 7788.
We look forward to receiving your application!