We are looking for an
IT Architect (m/f)
Within the newly formed IT Architecture Team within the IT Transformation Department.
We are looking for candidates for our office in Berlin.Your job as IT Architect (m/f)
As an IT Architect you are responsible for the enterprise architecture and solution architecture towards Business Units (like Sales, Distribution etc.) and/or Technology Platforms (like Analytics, Digital Workplace, Integration, Cloud, etc.)
Your key activities will be:
- Understanding business needs, and helping them to define innovative, yet stable and secure solutions
- Project Management, providing clear and justifiable architectural decisions towards projects so that they can reduce their time to market.
- Being a technology partner, by being eminent within the technology areas you are working in. This means that you are up to date on the latest market trends, and you have a good understanding of usage of this technology by your Business Units
- Having system engineering, by not only ensuring solutions are delivered according to architecture, but also by understanding the limitations and dependencies that complete IT landscape will have on it (like scalability, security, availability, maintainability, usability etc.).
You will approximately half or your time contribute to strategic projects – which could range from solution selection, towards due diligence on IT landscapes due to due to M&A activities. The other half of you time will be developing strategy, technology roadmaps, managing the application portfolio, and explaining and ensuring good architectural practices within the (agile) teams etc.
Your profile as IT Architect (m/f)
We are looking for distinguished candidates that is trusted both by business and IT teams. You understand both aforementioned worlds, and easily communicate between the both of them due to your excellent skills and positive mindset. Moreover you have a strong personality that knows how to combine and balance stakeholders interests. You are not afraid to take decisions to ensure output is being realized. And you like to work both independently and in a team.
This is important as well
- Strong skills in Enterprise, Software and/or Infrastructure Architecture
- Previous experience in Software and/or Infrastructure development
- Previous hands-on experience in (international) Digitalization and Transformation Projects
- Enjoys a changing environment and works well under pressure.
- Master degree with 10 years of experience within IT
- You have deep knowledge of Cloud Computing (MS Azure Ecosystem)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and German – we are an international team
- Travelling is no objection – as we have international businesses and are an international team
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What do we offer
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‘just’ having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment in an ever changing market. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Long term career planning (personal development)
- Attractive work environment
- Supporting international team members
- Flexible working hours
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and one of the largest producer of heat. Our strategic direction includes a strong customer focus, a more sustainable energy portfolio and increased business focus. Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 22 000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
The Vattenfall Staff Function IT is an international unit within the Vattenfall Group. As a full-service IT provider, our goal is to be the best of the best when it comes to delivering extremely economical IT services and intelligent solutions. Our array of services ranges from process and application consulting to software solution development implementation projects and the operation of application systems. Some 1,200 employees located in Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Sweden contribute daily to our international business success in the three organisational segments IT demand, IT supply and Group IT.More information
For more information about recruitment process please contact our recruiter Katja Spehling (+49 4079022 3468) or apply directly via the application button. The closing date of the vacancy is 06th February 2017.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter.