Would you like to work in the dynamic environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to high quality weather analysis and the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and meteorological comprehension? Then this job could be something for you.
For our office in Hamburg or Stockholm we are looking for a Meteorologist (m/f) in the Trading Analysis department.
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental) analyses, and ultimately commercial decision support across all commodity areas.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Meteorologist (m/f):
- Keep track of the latest weather forecasts and their impact on the power and gas markets, in both short and long-term perspectives, covering foremost the Continent but also Scandinavia
- Communicate current weather developments and provide related advise to traders and portfolio managers through various communication channels
- Play an active role in developing weather-driven trading strategies in the short-term horizon
- Play an active role in further developing and automating routines, procedures, and applications for weather-related information and data
- Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its analysis output
- Educate traders in relevant weather-related topics
Our ideal Meteorologist (m/f) has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Strong academic background with a Master’s degree or higher in meteorology, or physics/ mathematics with a dominant part in meteorological applications
- Experience from operational weather forecasting – preferably in a commercial environ¬ment in the energy sector
- Good hydrological and/or wind understanding clearly advantageous
- Good skills in numerical modelling, computer programming (esp. VBA, Excel, and Matlab), and database management clearly advantageous
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), German language skills advantageous
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders and the willingness to share your knowledge
- Result oriented, independent working method with readiness to take on responsibility
- Willingness to start working early in the morning
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual who wants to progress their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities.
For questions on the position or the recruitment process, do not hesitate to contact our recruiter Selma Budak at +49 (0) 4079022-7788. Please note that you can apply until January 31st after which the first selection will be made. A potential first interview round may take place the week after.
We look forward to receiving your application (via our website) in English, including a motivation letter.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimisation and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located across Europe with almost 600 professionals working in Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions, take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits and optimize the running and hedging of Vattenfall’s generation assets. These efforts are the basis for maximum profitability and continuous business growth.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group and provides all market access service activities to the group, including the sourcing of physical coal, oil and gas. BU Trading also maximizes the value creation in energy commodity markets by employing a specific proprietary trading mandate.