Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of Senior Asset Manager in the Asset Management department of BU Offshore in Vattenfall Business Area Wind. The role reports to the Head of Asset Management.
Overall purpose of the role:
Vattenfall operate an increasing fleet of wind assets in five countries. The role has focus on the offshore assets with a variety of turbine types of different age. On top the subsidy systems are different across the markets. The organisation will have to continue develop knowledge about cost and performance drivers as well as the governing processes needed to ensure long term value creation.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead and deliver asset management tasks within a developing framework and Operating model
- Ensure Asset Management topics are implemented within the business planning process
- Prepare and deliver strategic decisions
- Prepare and follow up on long term asset strategies for sites to deliver maximum value creation
- Ensure asset performance is analysed, tracked and steered via KPI’s and benchmarking results
- Contribute to the further development of the Asset management department
- You have a University degree (or equal) with relevant work experience within Asset management/Commercial management/Operations
- Proven track record of working with Asset management related topics (preferable in the wind industry)
- In depth understanding of steering KPIs for utility assets, preferable offshore wind farms
- A strong understanding of the interfaces between technology, operations and the commercial side of operating a windfarm is a strong benefit
Your personal characteristics:
- Ability to work in a large and complex organization
- Strong credibility built through both business insight and leadership
- Analytical and structural skills
- Experienced with stakeholder management and strong networker
- Able to form and drive cross organisational teams
- Able to clearly communicate and engage stakeholders (verbal and written)
- Good coordination and administrative skills
- Strong and cooperative team player
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
The location of this position can be either London, Amsterdam, Kolding or Hamburg. Regular business trips are required.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 18th October 2017.
By applying you agree to the use of existing assessment reports and Management Planning data in the selection process. Please note that this position might be subject for Security Vetting, which also includes national security controls.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Anthony Wort, Head of Asset Management Offshore +44 758 154 1063. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, +49 40 79022 7786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 30,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!