Business Area Markets / Analysis is now looking for the right candidate to fill the position of (Senior) Market Analyst.
We offer you a challenging position, where your analysis will have direct impact on Vattenfall’s core business. As part of a highly professional team you actively support our Trading and Asset Management businesses, and you contribute to decision making on corporate level.
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. As part of the Analysis department we provide models and analyses on commodity markets, deals and assets. We provide scenario-based forecasts of power prices and analysis of price drivers, showing the uncertainty range for decision making in the term markets and post market horizon. We also provide forward curves for all main commodities, reflecting today’s market price consensus.
Our analyses support the business and enables decision making in Business Area Markets and for the Vattenfall Group. You work in an international team of highly professional, skilled analysts. The team is located in Stockholm and Hamburg.
We look for a senior candidate to fill this vacancy, but we also welcome applications from less experienced, but promising candidates.
Your job as a (Senior) Market Analyst
You analyse the Continental power market and the future of the power system and its implications for Vattenfall’s assets and business. You provide important input for the planning of our assets, development of Trading strategies, valuation of power plants, cables and revision planning, as well as ad-hoc analysis for decision support. Our analysis is based on fundamental power forecasting models covering our core markets on the Continent and the Nordics.
Your main tasks are:
- Engage with our customers and stakeholders and provide value creating analysis
- Support our customers with fundamental power market analysis:
- Provide weekly price prognosis and ad hoc analyses for our stakeholders
- Support our Trading business with fundamental market insights
- Support the Vattenfall Group with long-term market analysis
- Operation and development of our Continental power price model
- Profit driven digitalization, such as automatic trading
- The job contains programming
Your profile as (Senior) Market Analyst
- A strong communicator who likes sharing insights and giving advice
- Good team-work and liaising skills
- Curious and analytical and willing to learn new things
- Performance-oriented and customer-focused
- Decisive even under high workload
- Good English language skills, German language skills are beneficial
- Mathematical degree (e.g. engineering, mathematics, physics, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the energy and commodity markets
- Understanding of power plant dispatch planning and power plant valuation
- Expertise in quantitative methods, power modelling, mathematical optimisation
- High computer literacy, in particular programming skills (Matlab, Python, GAMS, VBA)
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
The Operational Unit (OU) Operations is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division - the mission is to enable business. OU Operations is consisting of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management. We are present in the locations Hamburg, Stockholm and Amsterdam.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact Uwe Vramming via phone +4687397584
, for information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Selma Budak, via phone +4940790227788 or apply directly via the application button.