Vattenfall / BA Heat / OU Heat Projects develops and realizes (combined) heat and power plants and district heating infrastructure projects for Vattenfall in Berlin, Hamburg, The Netherlands and Sweden. The engineering department is responsible for the technical concept development and finally for the technical optimization and integrity during realization of the project. Project types ranges from brown or green field new builds to life time extension and to non-standard modification projects. Depending on the project a single main lot or multi lot approach is applied.
Currently we are looking for a
Senior Site Manager (f/m).
Next to fulfilling a Site Manager role in one of our projects, the purpose of this new position is to also develop and implement a framework for our often externally hired site managers in order to standardize the way of working and achieve a higher level of consistency between the projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities as Senior Site Manager (f/m)
- Develop and implement a framework for site management generically applicable to all projects with a focus on safety and quality.
- Coordinate with the other engineering disciplines within the department including commissioning quality, scheduling and cost engineering.
- Coordinate with project and portfolio management.
- Advise on hiring external site managers.
- Actively support site managers in achieving their objectives by regular visits to the projects, bilateral talks and troubleshooting if required.
- Enable cross learning between the site managers by organizing a regular experience exchange meetings, typically 2 to 3 per year.
- Perform site management for one or more projects.
Your profile as Senior Site Manager (f/m)
- BSc, university degree or equal working level in civil, mechanical, process or electrical engineering combined with 10 years of practical experience in construction management of projects in the energy, chemical or oil&gas industry with a size of over 10 MEUR. Experience with power plant construction is an advantage.
- Demonstrated high level of health and safety awareness and exemplary behavior.
- Well experienced with quality management and quality control in construction projects.
- Likes to work with people, builds and maintains team spirit and has highly developed leadership skills.
- Structured way of working, self-starter and runner.
- Good skills for analyzing problems but pragmatic in solutions.
- Good communication/negotiation skills and able to deal with the large number of parties involved in complex construction projects. Is aware of the contracts that govern the relationships.
- Good command of the German and English languages in speaking and writing.
- Willing to travel: The majority of the projects are executed in Berlin. Projects are also executed in Hamburg, The Netherlands and Sweden. In future other locations might be added.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Location: Berlin
- Start date: immediately
- Contract: unlimited
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page. For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Geert Laagland at + 31 61585 3256. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our recruiter Constanze von Meding +49 40 79022 4289.
We look forward to receiving your application!