Vattenfall is looking for an Accounting Professional within the Accounting organisation with the aim of securing correct Actuals in reporting for a number of business units in United Kingdom. You will be part of the Record to Report (R2R) organisation within Group Finance, reporting to the Head of Accounting R2R Other Countries in Vattenfall Group, who is based in Denmark.
As Accounting Professional you have the following key responsibilities:
You will act as Subject area specialists, assists all/selected companies within the Vattenfall group in UK with complex accounting matters related to the specific subject area. Moreover your duties will include:
- Act as accounting expert for IFRS and local GAAP, in this:
- Cooperate with Group Accounting to implement new accounting rules (IFRS) and across Accounting R2R teams for harmonised IFRS application
- Support business at an early stage to clarify accounting effects in case of intended new contracts / business models / restructuring projects etc.
- Daily support of business in accounting matters
- Contribute to good relationships and good service towards internal customers;
- Close co-operation with outsourcing partner Cap Gemini and external provider of statutory accounts;
- Legal entity responsibility for selected companies including balance sheet reviews and reconciliations;
- Validation of accounting input based on understanding the business;
- Supporting audit process;
- Execute services with high quality and timeliness of the delivery following common processes, policies and guidelines;
- Provide improvement ideas to process experts / process specialists;
- Develop, maintain and operate certain internal controls;
- Working hands-on in delivering Actual figures right and on time;
- Participate in development projects within FBS or group-wide / interdisciplinary projects.
Your profile as Accounting Professional
- Part qualified accountant, either CIMA, ACCA or equivalent, or AAT as qualification;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience from working with relevant subject area within Finance operations;
- Deep understanding of accounting rules (IFRS and statutory accounting rules);
- Good knowledge of Finance processes and systems;
- Knowledge and experience is SAP, strong Excel-skills;
- Full professional proficiency in English
- High sense of responsibility and ability to work independently;
- Open attitude towards change;
- Ability to work proactively and solution oriented;
- Good communication skills, intercultural experience is an advantage;
- Ability to work in large and complex organisations and to handle internal and external interfaces effectively.
Hexham, UK. Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 29th of March
. Interviews will be held on the 9th and 10th of April.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.More information
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail email@example.comThe department
Accounting R2R is the function in Finance Business Support which provides the accounting expertise to the units in Vattenfall with a strong focus on quality and compliance. Accounting R2R is the Accounting expert for IFRS and the local GAAPs, preparing postings, managing the closings and the external audit, providing financial statements and acting as an interface to the external auditors. The function is organised in country specific teams for the General Accounting area and one Fixed Assets team across all countries.
Outsourcing of Accounting processes to the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider Capgemini in 2018 will be a framework condition which will trigger further process development in addition to securing the delivery. We would like you to take on this change and contribute with your experience and energy to a successful transition and transformation.Our organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.We look forward to your application!