Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for an Associate GIS Analyst, in our Business Area Wind, a part of the Vattenfall Organisation.
Your job as an Associate GIS Analyst:
Vattenfall uses GIS and other specialist software to support the screening, design, development, construction, operation and data management of wind farms. The Associate GIS Analyst, under the supervision of more experienced colleagues, will be carrying out this work for onshore projects in the Netherlands, as well as supporting other operating countries, namely Denmark, Germany, Sweden and the UK as required. You will be part of an international GIS team with most team members being geographically remote.
Your main responsibilities as an Associate GIS Analyst:
Your profile as an Associate GIS Analyst:.
- Support the Head of GIS in meeting the GIS project demands of the wind business;
- Implement all work according to internal GIS Procedures including metadata;
- Data management for incoming survey data from consultants ensuring metadata is compliant with contract requirements. Liaise with sub-contractors for the receipt and transmittal of survey data;
- Maintain project GIS Databases with new data creation or data import;
- Provide mapping support, WebGIS upkeep and GIS analysis for all relevant projects;
- Liaise with other Wind departments to support the design of the wind farm layout (wind turbines and associated infrastructure);
- In the wider role actively participate in further development of GIS within Business Area Wind.
- Graduate qualified in geography, engineering, computing, or Earth science degree;
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS is essential;
- An interest in renewable energy in general, and wind energy in particular;
- Ability to produce high quality maps / graphics suitable for technical or environmental reports;
- Ability to liaise with technical and environmental specialists;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge of Dutch mapping and data would be highly advantageous;
- Experience using ESRI Arc Server, AGOL, CAD and ArcGIS Pro would be advantageous;
- Experience using Python programming language would be advantageous;
- Excellent computer and communication (Dutch and English) skills is essential.
The location of the position is Amsterdam, Netherlands. The job requires occasional travelling across Europe, mostly between office locations.Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is June 4th, 2018
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.More information
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail firstname.lastname@example.orgOur organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.We look forward to your application!