Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Business Development Manager Decentral Solar NL within BA Wind.
Are you looking for an entrepreneurial role as part of the transformation challenge of our company? We have a diverse workplace characterized by team spirit, flexibility and an open atmosphere. Do you want to be part of a fast growing and dynamic business? Then this might be your new challenge.
In the newly established business unit Solar & Batteries we are growing a new business line for Vattenfall, offering solar products and services to B2B customers in NL and Europe. Vattenfall has the ambition to become a strong partner for industrial and business customers interested in solar solutions. The Business Development Manager Decentral Solar NL is responsible for the entire decentral solar value chain in NL: acquiring customers, designing, constructing and operating solar rooftop assets.
A successful Business Development Manager is 1) able to translate existing opportunities in the solar market into business for Vattenfall while at the same time 2) get the organization in place (within two years a team of around 10 FTE), capable of scaling up business fast and supporting long term growth and stability. This requires a goal-oriented mindset with strategic viewpoint.
As Business Development Manager you will focus on developing and improving customer-oriented products, setting up a solid solar decentral delivery organization, building strong cooperation with internal and external partners, and setting up efficient processes, essential to achieve a significant EBIT contribution in 2020. Currently this position is not a management position, however, if successful, it is the goal to establish full formal responsibility incl. P&L and employee development responsibility.
Your responsibilities as Business Development Manager Decentral Solar NL:
- Drive the continuous development of our solar business with B2B customers, to become a key player in the Dutch solar market;
- Set up efficient sales process, grow a project pipeline and sign customers;
- Develop and improve solar products for B2B customers;
- Ensure highest safety and quality standards at all times;
- Cooperate with different units in Vattenfall and external suppliers / partners;
- Develop and motivate a growing team, responsible for the entire decentral solar value chain in NL: acquiring customers, designing, constructing and operating solar rooftop assets.
Your qualifications as Business Development Manager Decentral Solar NL:
Candidates will bring at least 3 years of experience in the solar industry and a proven track record in managing and developing teams. In addition, you need to have:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong leadership skills and experience in setting up a lean organization;
- Ability to define, implement and improve standards and processes in a newly setup business unit;
- Be at home in a multi stakeholder environment, and a strong willingness to cooperate;
- Strategic view and flexible mindset on the future development of the decentral energy landscape and related end-customer needs;
- Awareness and experience in working in high-safety environments.
Make a difference: shape the implementation and development of a team delivering solar solutions for large customers in NL, contributing to our customers’ and Vattenfall’s sustainability ambitions. Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working with interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Location
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is January 23rd
. Our organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.We look forward to your application!