Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as onshore Civil Roadmap Engineer, in our Business Area Wind, a part of the Vattenfall Organisation.
Vattenfall is aiming to build its first subsidy free onshore wind farm in the near future. Understanding the technology which is able to realize this objective will be a key success factor. In this position you will be responsible to create an overview of the available civil technology on the wind turbine market, now and in the near future, and select those technologies which can drive the Levelized Energy Costs (LEC) down. By taking ownership of the technical employer requirements you will drive the technology development of our main suppliers and challenge their future designs.
Your main responsibilities and work tasks as Civil Roadmap Engineer:
Your qualifications as Civil Project Engineer
- Determine the long term technology roadmap for the civil works within onshore wind;
- Translate the technology roadmap into the Vattenfall blueprint(s) of civil works within Onshore wind;
- Translate the technology roadmap into generic (non-project specific) Employers Requirements;
- Provide insight in the expected cost development of future civil technology;
- Act as civil project engineer in specific onshore wind projects to gain practical experience in applying the civil technology roadmap;
- Develop the tools needed to predict future civil works costs.
Our successful candidate has a Master degree in Engineering, and maybe you have GWO certificates and specific WTG platform trainings. You have a very good command of English. Proven track record in civil technology and Project Management competences.
- Experience with setting up technical employer requirements;
- Experienced in performing technical design reviews;
- Experience in performing Risk assessments;
- Networking skills with preferable an existing network with civil contractors;
- Ability to translate technology choices into costs;
- Preferably experience with Product Engineering, Reliability Modelling and Costs modelling;
- You recognize yourself in the following: Excellent analytical skills; Good inter-personal skills; Structured worker with ability to structure work of others; Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Location
Location can be flexible on one of the main Vattenfall locations (Solna, London, Kolding, Hamburg or Amsterdam). Regular business trips are expected.Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 2nd of July.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.More information
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail firstname.lastname@example.orgOur organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.We look forward to your application!