Reporting to our Head of Freight & Logistics, we are looking for a:
Coal & Freight Logistics Specialist (m/f)
Hamburg or Copenhagen
Time limited two-year contract
The Fuels Team forms part of the business unit trading within Markets and is responsible for the sourcing, handling and trading of coal, biomass, and freight. The logistics team manages the handling and operations of the physical flow; maintaining control over the logistical operations while keeping the relevant administration up to date. The logistics team works in close cooperation with the front office desks within Fuels.
Your job as Coal & Freight Logistics Specialist (m/f)
- You will be part of the team who is responsible for the Logistics activities concerning the deliveries of coal to our plants/customers in the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany and beyond
- This will include aligning with the power plants around their inventory needs and planning and execution of deliveries; (for e.g.) instructions to agents, surveyors, stevedores and ship owners
- You will also be closely working with the time chartered vessel fleet managed by the Freight team, possibly operating the vessels
- Other tasks include keeping track of delivered volumes, qualities and stock positions, preparing and checking of invoices, as well as updating the different (risk) management systems
- This role will work closely with the Logistics team members based in Germany and Denmark
Your profile as Coal & Freight Logistics Specialist (m/f)
- Minimum 2-4 years logistics experience, preferably in the coal, biomass or freight market
- Structured mind-set and working style, good Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex processes at the same time
- Preferably experience with risk management/logistical systems like Endur or Right Angle
- Good knowledge and understanding of time- and voyage charter parties
- Experience in conducting lay-time and demurrage calculations
- International experience, competent working alone as well as in a team environment
- Fluency in English
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.Our Organization:
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading
is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group.
BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by Market Access. More Information:
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Leon Arendsen by phone at +4940668780167. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the HRS recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +4940790227788. We look forward to receiving your application!