Vattenfall Networks UK, part of Vattenfall AB (100% owned by the Swedish state) is an exciting new business entering the UK Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO) and Private Networks markets.
We are now looking for a business driven Commercial Manager - Distribution UK within Vattenfall Networks UK. You will be a part of the new UK country team and you will report directly to the Managing Director Vattenfall Networks UK.
As Commercial Manager you will be accountable to ensure the correct contracts are developed, implemented, monitored and measured to deliver the strategic objectives of the business. This includes procurement, commercial process /procedures, cost control, risk management; project P&L, reporting and compliance. Your key responsibilities will be:
Your profile as Commercial Manager Distribution UK
• Ensure new networks are commercially optimized for customers and Vattenfall Networks;
• Overall commercial responsibility for all projects and secure maximum regulatory value for existing assets;
• Development and implementation of effective client contracts and supplier contracts to deliver a win-win for all parties;
• Ensure that the key account managers and operational engineers fully understand their obligations and performance measures under each contract;
• Establish effective contract management information systems and communicate to the team;
• Manage the contracts on a day to day basis; through generating consideration, identifying performance trends and taking appropriate actions, evaluate non-conformance, dispute resolution, and applying enforcement tools to remedies to secure consideration and compensation as appropriate;
• Develop and implement an effective cost control process to monitor the efficiency of the projects. Take appropriate action to remedy issues around inefficient cost control;
• Ensure the business is compliant with all applicable legislation and regulation at all times.
Due to this being a start-up (however with financial backing from a large utility), candidates must be comfortable working autonomously and be willing to cover other colleagues’ responsibilities and tasks when required to do so. The initial start-up phase will be fast paced and include a high level of ambiguity. Candidates should have an enquiring mind, have an entrepreneurial flair and be willing to jump into unexpected tasks and activities when they arise.
• Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in one of the following: commercial management, finance, economics, law, procurement, business or similar;Location
• UK IDNO / DNO regulatory experience (Ofgem) and a good understanding of IDNO and private networks;
• Demonstrable experience in the Commercial and Industrial business with multi-million pound contracts;
• Experience and expertise in developing technical and commercial proposals to drive informed business development;
• Ability to undertake pre-sales activity including development of high-level business case / cost benefit analysis for new opportunities;
• Ability to work across the relevant business areas: - central support functions, business solution managers, marketing and operational staff to deliver complete solutions, products and services;
• Practical understanding of the new and emerging energy technology market and the relevant market players.
The position is based in Reading. The job require travel away from the base location. Our offer
A unique opportunity to set up a new organization within a challenging and international work environment. You will be working with one of the largest producers and suppliers of electricity and heat in Europe, in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.More information
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, via mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 26 November 2017
. Interviews will be held on the 8th, 13th and 14/15th of December in our office in London.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.Our organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.