Looking for the next step in your career? Are you enthusiastic about data and data models? You are skilled in (meta-) data management, have experience in administering and transforming comprehensive data structures? Then you've come to the right place! For our Technical Reporting team, part of Vattenfall's Business Area Heat, we are looking for an experienced and ambitious
Data Steward - Technical Data.
The location for this position is Berlin/GER. As a member of an international team we expect you to travel regularly to build international relationships within the team and the stakeholders of the data we process (e.g. to the main Vattenfall locations like Hamburg, Amsterdam, Stockholm and London).
As a member of the Technical Reporting Team you’ll be exposed to a modern technology stack and a slick cross functional agile team setup. We are product owner of several products around data collection, analytics and reporting and work closely together with our internal IT-department.
Your job as a Data Steward - Technical Data
As a Data Steward you will be responsible for defining and maintaining the data management environment for our Business Area and be the interface to Vattenfall Groupwide Data Governance body. You will be responsible for translating data governance principles for an efficient data management in the Asset Data Domain including a framework for assuring data quality (plausibility, validation) and integrity.
Close cooperation with and consultancy for the multiple data owner within the different areas of our business will make you successful in this role.
You will report to the Head of Technical Reporting Germany.
Your key activities will be:
- Being responsible for Master Data Management of Technical Data domain and utilizing the organizations Data Governance processes to ensure fitness of data regarding content including structure data and metadata
- Consistently define and manage data of our Technical Data domain to provide a single point of reference
- Identfiy and provide new data sources
- Develop, maintain and continuously optimize the according data model in close cooperation with information receiver and data provider
- Make sure that data are consistent and easy to find based on a comprehensive data model, maintain the data catalogue
- Verify the accuracy, completeness, timeliness and reliability of data in the main data platforms based on algorithms and rules for plausibility checks and validation
- Design and maintain data access for all stakeholders, supporting self-service structures in data provision
- Working closely with Business Units to implement, document, validate and monitor the dataflows and measurements to the central data platforms
Your profile as a Data Steward - Technical Data
Are you triggered by governing data? Can you ask critical questions, challenge the status quo and do you constantly strive for improvement? You want to accompany us on the way to digitization and take a big step forward? Perfect! We are looking for someone who has a proven track record in data governance in an industrial environment and that is inspired by joining in a company on its journey to being truly data-driven. In addition you have/are:
- You have a University degree (Master) in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative fields
- You have experience implementing and promoting master data management in a complex data environment
- You have experience with according DWH-systems, DB-technologies and data lake environments / cloud-computing
- You have a deep understanding of data quality requirements for further model-based analytics
- You are a self-starter who fancies working independently and is focused on high impact results
- You work effectively with colleagues across organizational units within different locations / countries and support intensive knowledge exchange
- You communicate fluently both in German and English, verbally and written
- You are proactive and have excellent communication skills
- You feel comfortable being the single point of contact for different stakeholders
- You are excited about building something new, to make change happen.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and dynamic working environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job where you can play a part in shaping the digital future of our company. We want to be the best in what we do. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth as well as an office in the heart of Berlin and flexible working hours (including home office).
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and one of the largest producer of heat. Our strategic direction includes a strong customer focus, a more sustainable energy portfolio and increased business focus.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 20 000 employees. At Vattenfall we want to help our customers power their lives in climate smarter ways and free from fossil fuel within one generation.
In the Business Area Heat we contribute to this with energy efficient solutions integrating flexible heat generation and renewable energy sources to deliver an effortless and sustainable smart home climate experience. To achieve this we believe that digitalization will play a key role for us and we are building up competencies in different data management roles.
Business Area Heat develops, operates, maintains and optimizes the entire business value chain of producing and supplying electricity, heating and cooling to more than 2 million customers in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. We drive several initiatives to grow in our markets and shape a sustainable portfolio and a lot of the related decisions are based on data that we process and provide into the organization. Therefore, our focus is on making high quality information easily accessible for our stakeholders.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Corinna Ullmer via phone +49 30 267 10089. For information about the recruitment process please contact Bettina Keil via phone +49 40 79022 2289. The entry deadline is 2018, June, 5th.