Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Development Manager Large Scale Solar for Germany within BA Wind.
Are you looking for a diverse workplace characterized by team spirit, flexibility and an open atmosphere and do you want to be part of a fast growing and dynamic business? Then this might be your new challenge.
Your responsibilities as Development Manager for realization of Large Scale Solar projects in Germany:
- In general: Build up a German Large Scale Solar project portfolio
- Follow up on leads and start-up greenfield development of PV farms (scouting of new opportunities, analyzing suitability of new areas, securing land positions, permits, auction bidding and preparing everything necessary for final investment decision)
- Lead & establish relationships with land owners, project developers and civil servants
- Negotiations with land owners and authorities, initiate respective studies and drive the permitting process forward
- Take a leading role in technical and commercial negotiations and help developing project finance solutions
- Create, align and maintain good, long-term relationship with all other departments involved in the project development
- Lead and coordinate projects, incl. external suppliers, on time, cost, scope and required quality
- Help to promote a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organization and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development
Your qualifications as Development Manager Large Scale Solar:
- As a successful candidate you have several years of experience and a proven track record in successful PV Development
- Additionally, you convince with the following skills and competencies:Multi-skilled self-starter attitude, with high levels of energy & commitment to deliver
- Academic or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or similar
- Excellent project management skills (regarding organization, resource management, personal leadership, project economics and time-management) with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent team player and be able to build and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups
- Ability to adapt easily to different environments (political stakeholders, farmers, government officials, business partners) and manage these different settings
- Creative, problem solving and result-oriented mindset
- Well-developed communication skills, especially report writing and the analysis and presentation of complex technical issues in a clear, concise format
- Specific experience with urban land use planning (“Bauleitplanung”) in Germany
- German as mother tongue, fluent English required
- The successful candidate has to be prepared to travel and work on occasion out of office hours
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is Berlin or Hamburg. Travel (within Germany and between Vattenfall offices in different countries) will be required according to the needs of the projects.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Margit Deimel at +31611382885.
For more information on the recruitment process you may contact Vanessa Koop at +4940790227786.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
We look forward to your application!