Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of
Dispatch Manager / Junior Analyst (m/f) in Business Unit Assets
BU Assets has the ambition to maximize the value of all Vattenfall assets. For this, we are responsible for optimizing the power plant dispatch, selling power to the spot and intraday markets as well as hedging the overall exposure of Vattenfall. Furthermore, we support Vattenfall on decisions about investments and divestments. The responsibility includes the planning, optimization and the dispatch of renewable and conventional assets.
The department Dispatch is responsible for optimizing and dispatching Continental generation units in the intraday time horizon. We manage conventional assets, pump storages as well as renewable assets with a strong commercial focus while ensuring compliance with regulation across all customer/ counterpart segments and product categories for the Continental markets.
As a Dispatch Manager / Junior Analyst you work in a multi-national and dynamic environment. You are responsible to take the right decision for all Vattenfall assets in the intraday time frame. As a member of the 24/7 team you are the main contact to all transmission operators and assets. You will manage the conventional asset park, the renewable world and the demand management of our customers. We continually develop and adapt our processes to changes in the market, securing and maximizing value for the Vattenfall Group. Our ambition is to be the benchmark of the industry, aiming for excellence in process automation and analytical decision support.
To drive this transformation forward, we are looking for a Dispatch Manager / Junior Analyst offering deep insights into the core of our business and training as well as becoming part of the analytical community.
Your job as a Dispatch Manager / Junior Analyst (m/f)
As a Dispatch Manager / Junior Analyst in Dispatch Continental your main areas of responsibility will be:
Your profile as a Dispatch Manager / Junior Analyst (m/f)
- Conducting physical online optimization aiming to maximize profits out of portfolio opportunities and minimize the variable costs in cases of outages and must runs
- Managing all Vattenfall and customer portfolios for which decisions in the intraday time frame are needed
- Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance, e.g. the intraday REMIT process
- Taking part in initiatives to increase the degree of automation and improving analytical decision support
- University degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, science) or comparable professional education with additional qualification
- Excellent communication skills and good knowledge of German and English spoken and written. Further Dutch language skills would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills, preferably with background in operations research, optimization methods and/ or process automation
- Programming skills are a plus
- Highly team-oriented
- High willingness of decision making on own analysis
- Strong commercial thinking and understanding
- Reliable and pro-active behavior
- Willingness to work in shift
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area Markets maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Michael Breezmann via phone +4940668780 333, for information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Selma Budak, via phone +494079022 7788 or apply directly via the application button.We look forward to receive your application, including the information on your earliest start date and your salary expectation!