Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Electrical Roadmap Engineer.
Vattenfall is aiming to build the first subsidy free wind farm in the near future. Understanding the technology which is able to realize this objective will be a key success factor. In this position you will be responsible to create an overview of the available civil technology on the wind turbine market, now and in the near future, and select those technologies which can drive the Levelized Energy Costs (LEC) down. By taking ownership of the Technical Employer Requirements you will drive the technology development of our main suppliers and challenge their future designs.
You’ll report to the Head of Technology Roadmap & Engineering. Mostly working within the department of Technology Roadmaps & Engineering but with a strong interface towards the System Design team, procurement and Market Development.
Your responsibilities as Electrical Roadmap Engineer
• Determine the long term technology roadmap for the electrical works within onshore wind
• Translate the technology roadmap into the Vattenfall blueprint(s) of electrical works within Onshore wind
• Translate the technology roadmap into generic (non-project specific) Employers Requirements with the main focus on the electrical components within the Wind Turbine Generator
• Provide insight in the expected cost development of future electrical technology
• Act as electrical project engineer in specific onshore wind projects to gain practical experience in applying the electrical technology roadmap
• Develop the tools needed to predict future electrical works costs
• Track (on component level) innovations in the market which can reduce the LEC (levelized energy costs)
• Provide insight in the impact of non-compliance to the Employer’s Requirements
• Optimize the LEC with the aim to get to subsidy free onshore wind
• Determine the redundancy strategy of Onshore Wind including a spare parts strategy
Your qualifications as Electrical Roadmap Engineer
Our successful candidate has a Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering. You have a very good command of English. Proven track record in Wind Energy is a must.
• Electrical Technology
• Experience with setting up technical employer requirements
• Experienced in performing technical design reviews
• Experience in performing Risk assessments
• Experience in LV/MV equipment within the WTG
• Preferably experience with Product Engineering, Reliability Modelling and Costs modelling Project Management competences
• Networking skills with preferable an existing network with electrical suppliers
• Ability to translate technology choices into costs
• You recognize yourself in the following: Excellent analytical skills; Good inter-personal skills; Structured worker with ability to structure work of others; Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Kolding (DK). Regular business trips are required.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply March 25th.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.