For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a
Financial Freight Trader (m/f)
Time limited two-year contract
Your job as Financial Freight Trader (m/f)
Your profile as Financial Freight Trader (m/f)
- Proprietary trading in dry-bulk freight, FFA’s
- Internal market making - market access for internal customers
- Market analysis, both fundamental and technical
- Developing and executing own trading strategies
- Maintaining effective communication with new and existing counterparties (traders, brokers, exchanges, etc.)
- Work closely with the physical freight traders, and coal/biomass trading desk to optimize the freight portfolio
Our Organization:Business Area Markets
- Proven track record of profitable trading with a minimum of 3-5 years experience
- Sound risk management experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge about freight and/or related commodities
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Team-cooperation and excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with technical analysis and information services like Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
- Strong profit and performance orientation and capability to deliver highest value propositions Natural ability to understand the cause of actions and willingness to take own initiatives
- High reliability and readiness to take on responsibility
- Decision-making authority and risk taking ability
- Stress resistance
- Fluency in English (additional languages are advantageous)
- We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading
is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group.
BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by Market Access. More Information:
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Leon Arendsen by phone at +4940668780167. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the HRS recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +4940790227788. We look forward to receiving your application!