Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Head of Construction Support Offshore reporting to the Director of Project Delivery Offshore in BA Wind. You will become a member of the Project Delivery Offshore Management Team.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
The Project Delivery Offshore department is responsible for delivering our offshore wind projects from start of procurement until hand-over to operations. We focus on delivering our projects safely, in time, budget and quality. The Construction Support Offshore department provides industry-leading support in the fields of installation, construction, commissioning, offshore logistics and preparation for O&M.
As Head of Construction Support Offshore in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities
- Manage a department of ~ 40 employees
- Lead a team of four managers who are responsible for the sub-departments Installation, Construction & Commissioning, Logistics and Day-1 Readiness
- Ensure and continuously improve the quality of the services delivered to the projects and operations
- Keep up and further increase the focus on health and safety in everything we do.
- Drive standardization and continuous improvement in project and construction management
- Collaborate closely with other departments in BU Offshore such as Market development, O&M Delivery and Windfarm Design to optimize the business along the entire value chain.
- Be an advisor to the project sponsor on the above mentioned areas of expertise
- Attract competent staff and develop a motivated team
- Ensure an efficient resourcing process to supply competent experts to the projects
What we are looking for in our leaders
- You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within a wind environment
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges
- Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
In the new BA Wind set up we want to increase our focus on leadership development. Therefore, the BA Wind Leadership Development Program has been set up, which focuses on two aspects: the development of individual leadership skills and the development of management teams.
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in London, Hamburg or Kolding. Regular business trips are required.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page. Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period.Last day to apply is March 1st 2018.
By applying you agree to the use of existing assessment reports and Management Planning data in the selection process. Please note that this position might be subject for Security Vetting, which also includes national security controls.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Director of Project Delivery Offshore Felix Würtenberger, +49 40 27182003. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, +49 40 790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!