Within Vattenfall we have the clear goal to enable a fossil free society within one generation. This ambition includes for example electrification of the transport sector and CO2-emitting industries, but the core in this ambition is to have sustainable electricity production. Vattenfall is now ramping up its growth within renewables, making the fleet fossil free.
Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well Solar PV and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate onshore and offshore wind power in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK and we are a leading player in several of our markets.
We are now seeking a manager for our Swedish onshore wind development business – a role that includes the overall responsibility for the pipeline of onshore projects in Sweden – from the initiation of projects, through permitting and to investment decisions. The Swedish onshore market is a cornerstone in Vattenfall’s growth strategy for wind. Our Swedish onshore wind pipeline accounts for a significant share of Vattenfall’s overall onshore portfolio and there is a clear roadmap for how to realize it.
As Head of Market Development Sweden within onshore wind you have the following key responsibilities:
• Ownership of the development strategy and pipeline growth for the Swedish onshore business:
• Set a clear development strategy for our future project sourcing and development
• Prepare the business to be competitive in a future zero subsidy environment
• Project sponsorship for all onshore wind projects in the Sweden, i.e. commercial and financial responsibility for the projects and their outcomes
• Active participation in M&A processes to further boost the pipeline
• Internal and external representation of Vattenfall’s Onshore wind business in Sweden
• Strong cooperation with all other onshore wind departments to create efficient and successful ways of working
What we are looking for:
• You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within a wind environment
• You are fluent in Swedish and your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
• You are a highly motivated leader who is able to focus on both people and business
• You have a strong commercial mindset and seek improvements in everything you do
• You are proficient in communicating, with your team and with internal and external stakeholders
• You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues
• Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
We are looking for a communicative leader who has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The industry, Vattenfall and our onshore business are all in rapid transformation and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability and a focus on the people in our business.
The location of this position is in Sweden, at any of Vattenfall’s current main offices with onshore wind development (Solna, Luleå or Nyköping). Regular business trips are required, both within Sweden and international.
The Head of Market Development Sweden reports to the Director of Market Development Onshore in BA Wind. You will become a member of the Market Development Onshore Management Team.
Last day to apply is June 19th 2018. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Director of Market Development Onshore, Tobias Nylander (+46727343811)
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Anneli Jarlsheim (+4672-5852876).
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Tanja Cesar (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Jan Palmqvist (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00