For our office in Hamburg we are looking for an
Intern (m/f) at Asset Management within the Business Area Wind
Do you want to shape the future with us?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position for an internship within Asset Management reporting to the O&M Package Manager in BA Wind. During the internship you will be supporting in developing the Decommissioning Model for the Offshore Wind Farm Portfolio.
Your Job as an Intern (m/f) at Asset Management within the Business Area Wind
- Support in identifying and summarizing methods, equipment and resources for decommissioning of Wind farm components (e.g. foundation, scour and ballast material,…) in exchange with respective experts
- Update the data base for all Wind farm components at all offshore sites
- Gather and store site specific relevant information to proof the base data assumptions (e.g. latest technical specification) in the respective decommissioning model
- Gather relevant and site specific information (documentation) of the wind farm components in regards to materials (e.g. copper, PVC,…) installed from all offshore sites
- Support in further developing the new decommissioning model
- Support identifying cost reducing strategies in regards to the decommissioning model for different offshore sites e.g. resell of components, usage of wind farm materials for other business (concrete for street building), .g. Resell of components, usage of wind farm materials for other business (concrete for street building)
- Support in defining waste disposal processes and requirements for Wind farm components (e.g. WTG, Foundation,…) and the logistic set up as well as resources once delivered to the harbor site
What we are looking for
- You are student in the field of industrial engineering, engineering, logistics or similar
- Commitment, openness, strong communication skills and a friendly appearance
- You are good in English and MS Office (in particular excel)
- Ideally first experiences (through study or practice) round up your profile
- Analytical skills is of advantage
- Duration of the internship is foreseen for 5 months
- You are willing to travel
- Starting time December 2017 or January 2018
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic Background.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
As of 1st of July 2017, Business Area Wind in Vattenfall has changed its operational model and restructured the organisation to a product line structure around the 3 Business Units being Onshore, Offshore and Solar & Batteries.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Gencer Genc via phone +49 (0)40 2718 2012, for information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Wassilios Sintoris, via phone +49 (0)40 79022 (2142) or apply directly via the application button. Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period. Last day to apply is 23.12.2017.