Are you a Java Developer with ambitions?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of Java Developer (m/f) in Asset Optimization & Dispatch Continental.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
You and your team colleagues are contributing to Vattenfall’s vision by analysing and developing software solutions using latest technologies and methodologies to accelerate business development while staying compliant with our architectural and security guidelines.
Be part of the journey towards a new asset optimisation IT landscape and take charge in driving change towards a new landscape – supporting highly automated, scalable, model-driven, centralized and decentralized Asset Optimisation.
Giving Markets competitive advantage by:
We are looking for:
- Analysing and challenging business requirements
- Translating functional requirements into IT solution designs
- Hands-on developing applications using mostly Java technologies, but also exploring new technologies and being always up to date in the field of application development
- Calculating design- and implementation-effort for solutions in alignment with our Solution Architect
- Coordinating and guiding developers in initiatives and agile teams of different sizes
- Participating in the on call team supporting 24/7 business critical applications (not only Java)
Our successful candidate has a relevant graduate degree such as Bachelors in Business and Information Technology, Engineering or other related field with a minimum of 2 years of overall IT software development and IT operations experience. Have a great willingness to explore and learn. You should be curious, open, active, positive and motivated. Have an entrepreneurial behaviour and be passionate about developing yourself as well as the business. Your command of German and English is strong, both verbally and written.
Your personal skills and characteristics:
- Deep knowledge and experience with complex soft- and hardware solutions
- 2 years or more of hands-on application development experience with Java 6, 7 and 8
- Extended knowledge in Spring Boot, Docker
- Experiences with micro service architecture (1-2 years)
- Experiences with program interfaces/data flow streaming such as Kafka, Protocol Buffers and REST API (1-2 years)
- Experiences with Java Script, particularly Angular 2 (or higher) would be appreciated
- Knowledge about OpenShift environment is valuable
- Strong level of customer focus and excellent communication skills
- Fast learner and early adaptor of new business and technologies e.g. Cloud Computing
- Team player but also self-driven and independently working
- Strong coordination skills, experiences with working in projects and doing stakeholder management
- Open minded and having a positive attitude toward business needs and changes
- Willing to travel (travel requirements generally less than 5%)
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.Location:
HamburgOur OrganisationBusiness Area (BA) Markets
maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.The Operational Unit (OU) Operations
is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division - the mission is to enable business. OU Operations consists of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management. We are present in the locations Hamburg, Stockholm and Amsterdam.More Information
We welcome your application, including CV and cover letter in English no later than September 5th 2018. Please state your salary expectation and your notice period.
For more information about the position feel free to contact Verena Matthies (Application Coordinator) at +494024430 (329). For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to reach out to our recruiter Selma Budak +494079022 (7788).
We look forward to receiving your application!