Would you like to work in the dynamic and international environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to high quality analysis and the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and commercial comprehension? In that case this job could be the right one for you.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for top talents (m/f) to join our Junior Analyst Program – Energy Commodity Analyst (m/f) in the Trading Analysis department.
The Junior Analyst Program – Energy Commodity Analyst:
The program runs for 18 months and starts in September. It provides the junior analysts with exposure to the main energy commodity markets Vattenfall is active in via a structured introduction to the different activities in the energy trading business, 3 analysis assignments (each 4-5 months), and an analysis project. During the assignments you work closely with the respective senior analyst(s) and trading desk(s) on a daily basis. The analysis work will be complemented by international workshops focusing on your personal development and our Vattenfall principles.
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental and quantitative) analysis, and ultimately commercial decision support across all energy commodity areas.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Junior Analyst:
Our ideal Junior Analyst has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Conduct commercially relevant fundamental and quantitative analysis to support traders, and play an active role in developing trading and sourcing strategies
- Keep track of the latest market developments, develop price views, and provide related communication and advice to traders and portfolio managers through various communication channels
- Play an active role in further developing and automating routines, procedures, and applications for analysis-related information and data
- Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its analysis output
- Educate traders in relevant energy commodity market and quantitative topics.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious and talented individuals who wants to start their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities. We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of, e.g., age, gender, disability, and ethnic background.Our Organization:Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.More Information:For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +4940790227788. Please send your application before the 26th of April.We look forward to receiving your application!
- Strong academic background with a Master’s degree in, e.g., business, economics, engineering or science
- Good computer programming (e.g., VBA, Matlab or Python), database management, and data analysis/modelling skills
- Knowledge and first experience (e.g., from internships) in energy markets clearly advantageous
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken). Additional languages clearly advantageous
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Result oriented, independent working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility.