Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Manager of Geoscience reporting to the Head of Civil & Structural Engineering Offshore in BA Wind. You will be responsible for a team of dedicated engineers with the responsibility to deliver geotechnical and geophysical related technical capabilities from early assessment and development to construction and operation of offshore windfarms. You will be responsible for setting up the necessary processes for seamless interaction with both Park Design as well as Foundations, Cables and Installation Packages in close collaboration with the wind and met-ocean site assessment experts.
As Manager of Geoscience you will be a part of the Department Management Team and thereby also influencing the overall target setting.
As Manager of Geoscience Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
• Supply geotechnical and geophysical deliverables to projects, handling contract negotiations and contractual deliveries.
• Supply project resources for developing and executing projects.
• Handling frameworks agreements and securing a balancing setup between in- and external resources.
• Secure smooth transition between project phases.
• Drive standardization of deliverables and enable us to take technical leadership industry of offshore Geoscience.
• Management of the team including securing continued high engagement and development of people and competences.
The location of this position is flexible in either Kolding (DK) or London. Regular business trips are required.
What we are looking for, especially in our leaders
• You have an engineering university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within a wind environment.
• You have strong knowledge, experience and skills in geotechnical and geophysical tasks, site investigations and related contract management
• Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
• You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
• You have proven skills in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges and can transfer technical challenges into economic impact.
• Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
In the Civil and Structural department we value the entrepreneurial mindset, the scientific basis for solutions and recommendation and will go the extra mile to help our colleagues.
We are looking for a communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 24th of June
We look forward to receiving your application!
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg +45 22570751.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.