Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for an Operations and Maintenance Manager to join the Onshore Wind Operations UK team in Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind.
Overall purpose of the role
This role has two main priorities 1) Edinbane Wind Farm (Isle of Skye): supervising our contractors and their service technicians to help maintain the Edinbane’s operational & technical performance. When required, this role will support / work alongside the Enercon service technicians. Together with our main service contractors, you are responsible for safely optimising the daily production of the Edinbane wind farm 2) overseeing/managing the day-to-day activities of the “North UK area/cluster” of Vattenfall’s onshore wind farms. This includes the service leaders at Clashindarroch Wind Farm (Senvion MM82 wind turbines near Huntly, Aberdeenshire), and Ray Wind Farm (Senvion 3XM wind turbines near Kirkwhelpington, Northumberland).
Together you are responsible for safely optimising the daily output and ensuring alignment of operational sets ups / operating models for the onshore wind farms in the north of the UK.
Your responsibilities as an Operations and Maintenance Manager:
Your qualifications as an Operations and Maintenance Manager:
- Control all activities on Edinbane and Vattenfall’s sites in the north of the UK with the support of the Head of Onshore O&M UK, through the implementation of rigorous and documented processes;
- Supervise, coach and develop Service Leaders and Technicians including coordinating work progress throughout the day, work planning and recording in SAP;
- Develop and execute planning for new wind farms into the operational portfolio in UK;
- Monitor, analyse and manage the operational and HSE performance of the northern wind farms including the performance of any contractors;
- With the Head of Onshore O&M UK, manage the relationship with the local stakeholders including the transmission system operator with the support of relevant technical experts;
- Organise, support and assist in internal and external audits and inspections of own personnel and contractors for compliance with quality and safety standards;Support the execution of work on site in accordance with WTSR and Electrical Safety rules and achieve the relevant authorisations;
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and ensure site rules and regulations are adhered to;
- Provide out of hours and weekend response in accordance with Vattenfall’s ERP;
- Manage the permits, O&M contracts and owner administration for the northern wind farms;
- Maintain maintenance records, service manuals and procedures in the Vattenfall Document Management System (e.g. AWPs, Method statements, etc) to support full historical traceability of service work carried out;
- Responsible for effective administration of documentation with regard to activities carried out on the sites in the North of UK (including technical record-keeping and clear separation of costs between service and warranty activities);
- For the right candidate there is significant potential to work in cross-country initiatives across the Vattenfall portfolio, support new projects in development and construction etc.
First of all, you need to show evidence of fulfilling Vattenfall’s leadership capabilities of being Clear, Visible and Courageous. In addition, you’ll need to have:
- A strong technical background with a qualification in electrical and/or mechanical disciplines to NVQ3 level (or have completed an equivalent Engineering Apprenticeship, higher qualification is desirable);
- It is essential that you will have significant O&M work experience in the wind industry, including technical knowledge of wind farm layouts and wind turbine generators (ideally as a WTSR Authorised technician or higher);
- Ability to extract core content from complex and diverse information e.g. OEM contracts;
- Ability to influence over a wide network of relationships;
- Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management;
- Experience of HSE requirements and industry best practice, ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualification;
- Ability to work at heights in wind turbine generators.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Location
Ideally within 2 hours travel to Edinbane wind farm but other locations will be considered in Scotland and/or Hexham. This role is site-based but with up to 30% travelling to our wind farm sites and to other Vattenfall / contractor’s offices within the UK and Europe.More information
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 18th June 2018
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.Our organization:
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.