For our Hamburg location, we are now looking for an
- Active generation and implementation of independently developed non-standard transactions with market participants and customers (municipal utilities, utilities, industry and counterparts).
- Active development and deal generation in the area of long-term wind PPA, especially corporate PPA.
- Optimisation of in-house production, on the other hand the assumption of all energy requirements for major customers and producers
- Active addressing and contact persons of customers and counterparts as well as the expansion and maintenance of existing counterpart relationships in the non-standard area.
- Development of highly complex product innovations together with the Trading business unit and their further support in the internal approval process through to marketing
- Support of the account management team in the case of non-standard solutions for large customers.
- Integration of market concerns into the company and active support of related areas as well as the necessary interface management in the development and implementation of non-standard solutions.
- Participation in trade fairs, speakers at trade and contact events, publishing in trade journals
- Networking in the industry to customers (municipal utilities, utilities, counter parties and industry)
- You have a proven track record in B2B sales - in origination transactions and the completion of PPA transactions
- You have great pleasure to sell customers and counterparts to inspire
- You realize business by inquiring about the challenges and needs of our customers and developing specific products and services from them
- You are familiar with structured products, energy marketing, long-term products (electricity and natural gas), EEA and green certificates, market access to the most important international trading centres, physical options and PPAs
- You are a person who actively approaches customers to realize business
- Sound understanding of hedging, credit and treasury processes
- You are well acquainted with the energy market in London and have a network there
- A driven, commercially goal-oriented personality
- A degree from a university of applied sciences or a comparable apprenticeship
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience in the relevant market environment
- Good trading and market knowledge of electricity, power generation and gas markets
- A high affinity for renewable energies
- Very good knowledge of the energy industry and contract law
- Empathetic and have a high social intelligence
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work in stressful situations
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of French is advantageous
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
The Business Unit (BU) Customers is responsible for the development and implementation of customer business including the development and integration of business possibilities in the New Energy landscape. It is responsible for the profitable integration of all customer facing activities within BA Markets.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Bassam Darwisch via phone +494024430 410, for information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Selma Budak, via phone +494079022 7788 or apply directly via the application button.