Do you want to work where change is happening? Do you want to be part of one of the biggest tasks of our time – to create a future free from fossil fuels? Are you a team player who at the same time enjoy proactivity and to take initiative? Do you like working in an international environment? Then the role as Press Officer at Vattenfall may be something for you!
Vattenfall is now recruiting a Press Officer for corporate and financial communication to the Nordic and Corporate Media Relations team in the Communications department, with placement in our Head Office in Solna.
About this team
The Media Relations unit is responsible for finding opportunities for communication in earned media proactively, as well as reactive communication and managing incoming media requests. Across the Nordics and on Corporate/EU level; to strengthen Vattenfall’s reputation and understanding of Vattenfall’s strategic direction.
Main tasks of the Media Relations team
In cooperation with relevant stakeholders, set and communicate messages in media and owned channels. Prepare and publish press releases, press conferences, corporate statements and Q&A for communication with media and internally. Media monitoring and analysis. Very close collaboration with Vattenfall’s Social Media and Editorial team who are part of the same unit.
Your responsibilities as Press Officer for corporate and financial communication include
- Proactively find opportunities for communication in earned media for corporate and financial topics.
- Lead and develop the financial media communication from Vattenfall in close cooperation with Investor Relations.
- Being responsible for media communication related to events like Q-reports, Annual General Meeting, Capital Markets days etc.
- Draft press releases, statements and messages in cooperation with relevant stakeholders.
- Support spokespersons with media training.
- Being able to be the spokesperson towards media when needed.
- Create content for communication in Vattenfall’s own channels.
- Part of the press duty as well as internal crisis updates.
- Be a part of the Nordic Media Relations team and work closely with the Channel Management Team (social media and editorial).
We are looking for a Press Officer for Corporate and Financial communication to the Communications department who has a relevant University degree in Communication, journalism or equal. You have a minimum of five years of proven working experience within financial communication such as journalism, PR, Media Relations or equivalent. You are strategic and creative and used to work in a proactive way. You are a cooperative team player who find joy in working with others.
In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position
- Excellent knowledge of the developing media landscape as well as social media.
- Strong ability to accurately value information by its actual and potential commercial impact on Vattenfall.
- Ability to develop stories around initiatives within Vattenfall to be communicated to a wider audience.
- Excellent skills in writing and editing in Swedish and English. Knowledge in German or French is a merit.
- Being thorough and committed to taking responsibility and deliver on time and with high quality.
Location: Solna, Sweden
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Markus Friberg (Director Media Relations & Editorial) 070 261 3084. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Daniel Ruja email@example.com.
We look forward to your application! Please apply before 31 August 2018.
Trade union representatives in Sweden, to be contacted through Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 – Per Svensson (Akademikerna), Kenneth Lindkvist (Unionen), Christian Eriksson (Ledarna), Ronny Ekwall (SEKO).
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.