Vattenfall Networks UK, part of Vattenfall AB (100% owned by the Swedish state) is an exciting new business entering the UK Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO) and Private Networks markets.
We are now looking for a Principal Engineer within Vattenfall Networks UK. You will be a part of the new UK country team and you will report directly to the Managing Director Vattenfall Networks UK.
Your tasks and responsibilities as Principal Engineer
As Principal Engineer you will be accountable for the Health and Safety of the network (employees, contractors and the public), quality and reliability of supply and the customer facing point of contact for all technical matters. Responsible for all areas of the Engineering function and quality of service delivery, striving for best in class products and business practices to deliver to the customer’s expectations, managing suppliers and projects across the business. Your key responsibilities will be:
· Ensure we are a frontrunner in designing locally optimized network solutions; this will include smart technologies e.g. PV, storage and e-mobility charging;
· Ensure the business, including sub- contractors is compliant with all applicable health and safety and electricity network operations legislation and regulation at all times;
· Act as the Compliance officer for: regulatory reporting, code compliance, electrical safety, priority services register and the security services inquiry services;
· Strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing engineering strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for network safety, reliability, quality, cost and delivery;
· Work closely with internal and external key stakeholders, manufacturing, and customers regarding technical support and new technologies (PV’s, Battery Storage and EV’s);
· Facilitate, direct and drive implementation of Lean Business strategy and drive Continuous Improvement across all engineering related areas of the business. Maximise efficiency; optimising and driving engineering excellence.
Your profile as Principal Engineer
You will be, or have been a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) up to and including 132kV and you will have prior experience of controlling HV networks. Ideally you will have an electrical and electronic engineering degree or equivalent.
It is essential that you will have electrical engineering work experience in a relevant industry. Furthermore, you will have extensive experience as Senior Authorised Person operating under company HV safety rules e.g. with a distribution network operator. In addition, you’ll need to have:
· Ability to extract core content from complex and diverse information;
· Ability to influence over a wide network of relationships;
· Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills;
· Ability to lead and/or work within multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams;
· Be result-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management.
Due to this being a start-up (however with financial backing from a large utility), candidates must be comfortable working autonomously and be willing to cover other colleagues’ responsibilities and tasks when required to do so. The initial start-up phase will be fast paced and include a high level of ambiguity. Candidates should have an enquiring mind, have an entrepreneurial flair and be willing to jump into unexpected tasks and activities when they arise.
The position is based in Reading. The job require travel away from the base location.
A unique opportunity set up a new organization within a challenging and international work environment. You will be working with one of the largest producers and suppliers of electricity and heat in Europe, in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, via mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 26 November 2017. Interviews will be held on the 8th, 13th and 14/15th of December in our office in London.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work, ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.