Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050
We are now recruiting a Project Economist to Vattenfall BA Wind. Location for this position is flexible, however UK regulatory knowledge is essential.
In this role, you will use sound business rationale to help maximise value in our projects. You will work in the ‘Offshore’, ‘Onshore’ and ‘Solar and Battery’ Business Units and any related BA initiatives that demand Valuation expertise. You will be accountable for project business cases, closely interact with the development leaders and with expert functions such as Procurement, Engineering and Generation. Furthermore you will have close cooperation with the other Project Economists, playing a key role in improving our efficiencies and processes. There will be much variety in the day to day activities including the evaluation of acquisitions and divestment opportunities in all of our existing markets and potential new ones. You will have responsibility to lead the valuation of projects assigned to you, but as you will be supported, you will also support your peers in their projects. You will report directly to the ‘Director of Risk Management and Valuation’, within Business Controlling.
Your responsibilities as Project Economist:
- Ability to create, validate, review and modify complex financial models;
- Preparation and maintenance of economic and financial appraisals of onshore and offshore wind farms, PV and Battery projects;
- Corroborate and ensure quality of data used in business cases;
- Work closely with Risk Management to ensure coherent decision proposals;
- Perform ad hoc analysis required in the project and across the portfolios;
- Analysis of acquisition and divestments opportunities;
- Communicating and interpreting results, with valid context to a wide audience
Your profile a Project Economist:
- The successful candidate holds a Bachelor or Master degree in economics, finance or engineering, with a minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience of financial modelling.
We are looking for a person with:
- Strong Business acumen and commercial skills;
- Experience in preparing complex and robust financial models and excellent understanding of Financial Theory;
- Interpreting and analysing complex financial and technical data, as well as the ability to extract core content from complex and diverse information;
- Experienced in explaining financial results and concepts to non-finance personnel;
- Awareness of international accounting and tax issues;
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written English;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in a team environment;
- Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills with an inclination to take initiative and innovate;
- Ability to lead and/or work within multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams;
- Experience in the Wind industry is considered as a plus.
A challenging, but exciting international work environment with the possibility to work with some of the best in the industry. You will be working in interdisciplinary projects and within a team of committed colleagues with well over 100 years combined experience. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is flexible with workspace available in Amsterdam, Hamburg, Kolding, Solna or London/Hexham. UK locations are preferred.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Rhona Disberry (Director of Risk Management & Valuation), +447 812 146 577, for questions regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail email@example.com
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 4th June 2018.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!