Staff function R&D, within Strategic Development, is searching for a R&D Engineer Offshore Foundations. The position is located preferably in Älvkarleby, Sweden. You will report to Head of Civil Engineering.
Vattenfall R&D is responsible for conducting business driven technical development that creates added value for the company and helps realizing our strategy. At Vattenfall R&D we go from ideas to real projects in short time. We know that our employees change the future of Vattenfall and their ideas are extremely important.
The mission of the R&D section Civil Engineering is to provide Vattenfall-tailored solutions to ensure safe and cost-effective constructions. The section provides a highly inspiring environment, intellectually as well as physically (YouTube clip
We offer you a flexible work environment and collaboration with 16 passionate top-notch experts and colleagues in the section, all committed to power climate-smarter living. Freedom with responsibility characterizes our team. You are not afraid to set a schedule and make decisions while being held accountable for your actions. Your contribution is of strategic importance for the company. The tasks are exciting and at the forefront of the technical development. To ensure implementation, close collaboration with our business units is a prerequisite.
Your responsibilities and tasks as R&D Engineer Offshore Foundations:
• Support of our R&D project teams, in particular within Wind.
• Design and execution of laboratory tests for mechanical testing (e.g. fatigue, damping).
• Contribution to the design of offshore foundations.
• Condition monitoring of offshore substructures.
• Estimation of remaining lifetime of offshore monopiles.
• Optimization of operation of wind farms to maximize power output and to minimize structural loads.
Your qualifications and personal skills as R&D Engineer Offshore Foundations:
• Relevant University degree within Engineering (MSc in Wind Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent).
• Work experience in the design of wind turbine structures and in condition monitoring.
• Hands-on experience with data analysis and statistics.
• Hands-on experience with laboratory testing.
• Preferably knowledge in aeroelastic simulation and familiar with agile project management.
• Competence in Python, Matlab and/or Fortran/C++ is meritorious.
• Fluent in English, both oral and written.
• Swedish, Danish and/or German is a plus.
The R&D tasks regularly involve unforeseen challenges which often require a problem-solving attitude. Furthermore, the position requires an analytical, flexible, creative and self-driven person with good communication skills. You have a committed, customer-oriented attitude with an ability to establish and maintain relationships and networks. You are able to turn bold ideas and ambitions into successful projects and have the ability to discuss possible solutions with customers and R&D teams. A passion for new technology we believe is a necessity for this role.
In this position you might travel up to 2 days per week on average.
Location: Preferably Älvkarleby, Sweden.
For information about the position, please contact Holger Ecke, Head of Civil Engineering. +46 76 134 35 93. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Ann Nilsson, +46 727 08 57 55.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Pernilla Ove (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Ronny Ekwall, SEKO. To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
We look forward to receiving your application with CV and cover letter via this page, no later than September 24, 2018.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.