For our location in Hamburg, we are now looking for a talented and ambitious Renewables Optimisation Expert (m/f) with a focus on Renewables and Demand Forecasting!
The team Forecasting & STO (Short Term Optimisation) Continental forecasts electricity and gas consumption as well as renewable energy production such as wind, solar and biomass for the continental European Vattenfall portfolio. Furthermore the team is responsible for optimising and short term marketing of our renewable energy portfolio.
Your Job as Renewables Optimisation Expert (m/f)
Your Profile as Renewables Optimisation Expert (m/f)
- Develop, enhance and apply forecasting of renewables power production and customer gas and power demand
- Further develop Vattenfall’s weather capabilities
- Provide daily consultancy and insight into weather developments and how uncertainty may affect renewables production and demand
- Further develop “big data” based forecasting incl. AI and similar and drive further automation
- Support a marketing strategy for renewables power production at the day-ahead markets and other market place
- Support energy exchange bidding for the renewable energy portfolio and for demand portfolios
- Follow up on analysis / forecast performance and initiate / take ownership for improvements in a dynamic and complex setting
- Contribute to new business developments
- Connect and cooperate closely with various other departments within BA Markets and Vattenfall as well as external clients
- You will quickly take over responsibility in a dynamic and international environment
- Occasional business trips
- Academic degree in natural sciences or similar
- Meteorological expertise is an asset
- High data literacy, excellent analytical skills and a quick grasp
- Knowledge in physical and statistical model development
- Detailed MatLab or Python knowledge
- Structured and precise approach to work
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and readiness to work on weekends
- Decisive even under high workload
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.Our OrganisationBusiness Area Markets
maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
The Business Unit (BU) Customers
is responsible for the development and implementation of customer business including the development and integration of business possibilities in the New Energy landscape. It is responsible for the profitable integration of all customer facing activities within BA Markets. More Information
For more information about the position please contact Heike Santen, Director Forecasting and Optimisation, at +494024430129. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our recruiter Selma Budak at +4940790227788.We look forward to receiving your application!