We are looking for a (Senior) Business Developer (m/f) in the BU Customer Business Development team in one of the following locations: Hamburg, Amsterdam or Stockholm.
The Business Development team within the Business Unit Customers works closely with the Head of BU Customer and the national Sales and Origination teams. The team takes a leading role in designing and implementing the BU’s strategy, and drives both business developments and commercial projects across all countries.
Your job as a (Senior) Business Developer (m/f):
- Analyse the constantly changing wholesale and trading market environment to derive the implications for BU Customer’s strategy and identify related new business opportunities
- Design and ensure aligned implementaton of an inspiring customer centric strategy for BU Customer
- Structure and coordinate BU Customer´s overall business development, including prioritisation and follow-up of the project portfolio as well as coordination of relevant stakeholders
- Develop business cases and conduct analysis to open up new markets or business areas
- Facilitate the delivery of new growth initiatives and complex commercial projects in cooperation with the relevant Business Areas
- Management support in preparation of decision making and preparation of strategy decisions
- Support and drive internal efficiency and change initiatives
Your profile as a (Senior) Business Developer (m/f):
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual who wants to progress their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities. We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.Our OrganisationBusiness Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.BU Customers is responsible for the customer-facing business within BA Markets, including the development of business opportunities in the new energy landscape. The unit is responsible for renewable PPAs and demand response business, offers 3rd party portfolio management services and delivers tailor made solutions to clients across commodities. Further responsibilities include the growth of the industrial customer, reseller and wholesale business, in close cooperation with Business Area Customer & Solutions.More InformationFor more information on the recruitment process, do not hesitate to contact our recruiter Selma Budak at +4940790227788. We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a motivation letter stating also your salary expectation and earliest start date.
- Strong academic background with a Master’s degree in economics, math, engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
- 5 years relevant experience in the energy sector – preferably in a consulting environment; applicants with experience in strategy and consulting be preferred
- Proven track record of consultant project lead or associate responsibility in Sales and Trading consultant projects
- Strong customer focus and capability to condense information for management updates and decisions process preparation
- Strong track record in managing different stakeholder and driving strategy or Business Develpomemt projects forward
- Robust sales and marketing experience and understanding
- Experience with working in an international environment
- Strong performance orientation
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Strong commercial drive combined with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel