Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Senior Commercial Modeller UK within the new Business Unit Energy Solutions. The Business Unit is currently present in Germany, Sweden and the UK and will next expand into the Netherlands.
You will become a key member of the Heat Business within Energy Solutions UK. Reporting to the Head of Commercial, you will be responsible for developing and running commercial and financial analysis of large infrastructure investments undertaken by the Energy Solutions business in UK.
This business venture offers low carbon solutions for large scale heat networks, solar power, electricity infrastructure, e-mobility, storage technologies and digital platforms combining the benefits of both decentralized and centralized energy production to deliver a service fitting the demands of the next generation of infrastructure in the UK.
This is a new way of buying energy. Vattenfall designs, install and manages the most optimal energy solution to achieve the smallest possible environmental footprint for our customers and yet being cost efficient. Offering a single point of contact combining hardware and energy-services into a complete and convenient energy solution – we aim to be the only energy partner our customers need.
If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is the place to be, at the right time.
As the team’s in-house expert in investment modelling, you will develop and own the commercial and energy models which underpin our long term investments. Working in partnership with our solutions and engineering teams, with our finance teams, and with our M&A and corporate functions you will both build, and procure market-leading models which enable us to, at a detailed and granular level, quantify the risks and benefits of our investments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build or procure, maintain and optimise analytical models to inform major investment decisions
- Work with engineering, commercial and legal functions to draw insight into investment decisions.
- Set processes and maintain standards for data and process integrity
- Quality assurance, governance and innovation – enabling and balancing both.
- Establish a network of partners who support innovation and good risk management – including suppliers and strategic partnerships
- Prepare and deliver clear, concise and focused summaries of results to senior management
To be successful, we believe that you have the following experience:
- 4+ years working experience with modeling for investment decisions
- High level of competence using Microsoft Excel
- Experience in investment environments such as energy, utilities, transport or infrastructure
- Experience of designing, building and running commercial analysis tools
- Experience working with modelling standards e.g. FAST standard
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be:
- A high performing individual with a drive to successfully accomplish what is set to be done
- Passionate about being part of the transformation taking place in the energy sector
- Analytically astute, with drive as a team player that helps everyone else to be better at what they do
- Passionate about setting up something new, building new processes and
- A very strong doer and hands-on person
- Able to focus on the country specific while actively participating in our international scalability and excellence
The location of this position is London but home-working is supported.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living - building by building, district by district, city by city
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 24th of August.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31615604138.