Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as a Subsea High Voltage Cable Package Manager with initial assignment to our “VKF” project. VKF is the combined project of Vesterhavet Syd, Vesterhavet Nord and Danish Kriegers Flak. Beyond and aside to the project assignment other assignments in the field of Cable Engineering can be expected.
As Subsea High Voltage Cable Package Manager in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the Cable Package team through all project phases of cable design, manufacture, installation and commissioning activities at site/offshore and report to the Technical Project Manager.
- Coordination of cable product quality assurance and quality control throughout the HV cable supply chain.
- Ensure time schedule and progress of suppliers, budget and quality as well as high level safety standards are fulfilled.
- Handle the identification and management of risks, opportunities and mitigation plans in respective area.
- Ensure compliance of requirements of O&M with the cable package
- Technical review of reports, design and system studies supplied by Contractors and third parties (e.g. Cable optimization, Load flow, Fault studies etc.)
- Manage supplier interaction alongside other internal stakeholders during contract execution phase and ensure compliance of contractual partners with contractual obligations.
- Manage that all dedicated interfaces to other work packages are identified and closed.
- Engage in defining the strategy and road map for development of HV cable engineering in Vattenfall Renewables Wind
- Investigation of technical possibilities to reduce the cost of energy
- Liaise with the line management team organization, share knowledge and information, assist monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
The location of this position should be based in Hamburg or Kolding.
Your profile as Subsea High Voltage Cable Package Manager:
- M.Sc in relevant Engineering discipline e.g. Electrical engineering
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with high voltage on- and offshore cables
- Experience with subsea cable design, manufacture and installation
- Proven track record with project management, technical negotiations and contract & supplier handling (FIDIC)
- Good understanding of large interdisciplinary project organization.
- Good English language skills and preferable also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel and offshore work.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Head of Engineering Offshore, Johannes Kammer, +4915254626326. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 30,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!